Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chimney Rock , Saturday, June 12

Aaron left early this morning to drive home to Hilton Head in order to be at work this afternoon. Randi and I have grown very fond of him and it was really great to spend a couple of days together.

Randi, Curt and I drove to Chimney Rock today. It was 25 miles of beautiful mountain roads bordered by green forest, charming mountain cabins along rocky streams and awesome vistas. At the “rock” we rode the 26 story elevator through the mountain where, at the top, we enjoyed the 75 mile views and ice cream. Yvonne stayed home today, but when we returned to the park, she couldn’t pass up an opportunity to check out an equivalent of our favorite store, Harbor Freight. She and Curt and I made the quick trip there, which didn’t interest Randi.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it all looks like great fun. I have pictures for you to view. I will send them to your email address.

    ReplyDelete